The goal of the Foundation is to encourage quality research, within the following areas:
Translational research, or research that has direct clinical applications, which purports to have research carried out in laboratories benefit the patient as quickly as possible.
New therapies: these are usually new therapies which are not usually backed by the pharmaceutics industry.
Patient care, especially nursing care.
Why back this type of research?
- This research obtains the most direct results, and is undertaken directly in hospitals.
What actions do we aim to promote and finance?
- Establishing new structural research units in Spain or UK, currently insufficiently funded.
- Identifying and sponsoring promising researchers.
- Channelling funds to research groups minimising indirect costs.
- Managed projects. In these projects are single donor solicits and provides the necessary financing, through the Foundation.
How will we do this?
- There are no open tenders.
- The strategy employed by the Foundation and its Scientific Committee is to identify possible candidates or projects, or even commission specific projects.