- Our History https://criscancer.org/en/about-cris/about-us/history-and-founder/ Our History
- Our History https://criscancer.org/en/about-cris/about-us/history-and-founder/ “When Diego and I founded CRIS we wanted to give many cancer patients who did not respond to the standard treatments a chance to survive. To invest in cancer research ...
“When Diego and I founded CRIS we wanted to give many cancer patients who did not respond to the standard treatments a chance to survive. To invest in cancer research and clinical trials could give them hope. This happened to me when I was diagnosed with an incurable cancer and given 4 months to live: an experimental treatment brought me back to life. CRIS tries everyday to raise awareness and funds to be able to give a second chance to all cancer patients who are struggling to survive.
People helping CRIS are extraordinary; You are extraordinary. You are making a difference and helping to save lives. By combining our efforts, we will beat cancer.
I am so proud of being part of CRIS and I do not foresee my life without it.”
Lola Manterola. President and Founder CRIS
- 2008, Lola Manterola, President of CRIS Cancer Foundation, is diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma. She battles with her illness.
- 2010, CRIS Contra el Cáncer is founded in Spain by Diego Megia and Lola Manterola to create a foundation to aid new research projects that lack funding but are crucial to the fight against cancer.
- 2011, CRIS Cancer Foundation is founded in the UK, as a sister foundation
of CRIS Contra el Cáncer. CRIS Cancer Foundation starts fundraising under the registered charity number 1140193.
- 2014, Lola Manterola is in remission, but from a cancer with no cure. She waits patiently for someone to discover the cure for her type of cancer as many around the world wait and hope with her for their own cures.